The presentation from Kah-Ming Soh on understanding the stock market profile is now posted here.
I’ve posted the deck on hedging and the deck on the Q3 2018 OSC fantasy portfolio reviews on the Ottawa Share Club members page here.
Brad has made some updates to Steven Brown’s Retirement Forecaster Excel spreadsheet tool (version 2.7.3).
The changes he’s made are improved accuracy with the calculations for CPP Survivor Benefits and CPP Death Benefit.
See Brad’s member page here for more..
The Ottawa Share Club fantasy growth and income portfolio reports as of June 30, 2018 are now posted.
The fantasy growth portfolio has been doing very well year-to-date and overall:
- Up 7.3% year-to-date
- Up 38.0% since inception (January 1, 2016)
The fantasy income portfolio is in positive territory this year (and overall) but has lagged the growth portfolio (as one might expect):
- Up 1.1% year-to-date
- Up 16.7% since inception (January 1, 2016)
The material from the June 12, 2018 Ottawa Share Club meeting has been published. It includes:
- Peter’s slides presented by Brad and Eric on the use of advisors through the investment lifecycle.
- Peter’s appendix about the difference between a dealing representative and an advising representative.
- Margot Pomerleau’s slides on how to work with a financial advisor.
- A pamphlet from Margot Pomerleau’s firm on the complaints process for retail investors in Canada (bonus material).
See all the content here.
Brad updated Steven Brown’s Retirement Forecaster Excel spreadsheet tool (version 2.7.2). The changes are as follows:
Version 2.7.2 provides support for defined benefit (DB) pension plans with a Bridge Benefit (such as the Fed Government or Ontario Teachers) and the accompanying DB Survivor pension. Detailed input instructions are provided on the Instructions sheet, under the Instructions section.
You may access the material on Brad’s page here.
See Brad and Peter’s deck on financial independence / retire early (FIRE) presented at the May 8, 2018 Ottawa Share Club meeting is available here.
The decks from Mark Seed on DRIPping and from myself (Michael Patenaude) on the Q1 2018 OSC fantasy portfolios and sector allocations presented at the April 17, 2018 Ottawa Share Club meeting are posted here.