I’ve posted the deck on hedging and the deck on the Q3 2018 OSC fantasy portfolio reviews on the Ottawa Share Club members page here.
The Ottawa Share Club fantasy growth and income portfolio reports as of June 30, 2018 are now posted.
The fantasy growth portfolio has been doing very well year-to-date and overall:
- Up 7.3% year-to-date
- Up 38.0% since inception (January 1, 2016)
The fantasy income portfolio is in positive territory this year (and overall) but has lagged the growth portfolio (as one might expect):
- Up 1.1% year-to-date
- Up 16.7% since inception (January 1, 2016)
The material from the June 12, 2018 Ottawa Share Club meeting has been published. It includes:
- Peter’s slides presented by Brad and Eric on the use of advisors through the investment lifecycle.
- Peter’s appendix about the difference between a dealing representative and an advising representative.
- Margot Pomerleau’s slides on how to work with a financial advisor.
- A pamphlet from Margot Pomerleau’s firm on the complaints process for retail investors in Canada (bonus material).
See all the content here.
The decks from Mark Seed on DRIPping and from myself (Michael Patenaude) on the Q1 2018 OSC fantasy portfolios and sector allocations presented at the April 17, 2018 Ottawa Share Club meeting are posted here.
The trades from the March 13, 2018 OSC Meeting (sell ATD.B and buy WEED) have been posted in the change log.
An extensive array of content is now available for planning your retirement courtesy of Fred May and Brad Forden who presented the material at the OSC session on February 13, 2018.
It includes Fred and Brad’s presentation, a link to Steven Brown’s Excel retirement forecasting tool, a link to Brad’s updates to Steven Brown’s tool, and four example forecasting scenarios that Fred and Brad presented at the meeting.
Please see the Ottawa Share Club members and guest page for the material (near top of the page) here.
Note: Brad is looking for feedback on the enhancements he’s made to Steven Brown’s forecasting tool. If you’d like him to work with you to do your retirement forecast and test the changes he’s made, please use the comments feature at the bottom of Brad’s page here and offer a paragraph description of what assistance you need. He is prepared to work with a couple of people only so please submit your request promptly.
Visit Robert’s guest page to view a copy of his presentation on market forecasting made at the January 9, 2018 OSC meeting.
Visit my OSC member page to obtain a PDF copy of my deck presented January 9, 2017 at the OSC meeting. It features the second annual review of the Ottawa Share Club fantasy and income portfolios.
- Performance vs. portfolios’ own objectives and benchmarks
- Asset allocation review
- Asset type
- Single security
- Best and worst performers
- Trades made to date and how they’ve worked out
- Conclusion and discussion